Saturday 12 April 2014

.sapcitement.

brace yourselves for a sappy one, folks.
i don’t know if i can describe how i felt tonight,
other than that i got really excited to experience
a feeling someday.

and because i can’t describe it,
here’s to those who know how to best
articulate the beat of the heart.


“With what unspeakable delight, and what transports of joy swelled by bosom, when I took by the hand, on that night, my beloved Emma, even the wife of my youth, and the choice of my heart. Many were the reverberations of my mind when I contemplated for a moment the many scenes we had been called to pass through, the fatigues and the toils, the sorrows and sufferings, and the joys and consolations, from time to time, which had strewed our paths and crowned our board. Oh, what a commingling of thought filled my mind for the moment, and again she is here even in the seventh trouble—undaunted, firm and unswerving—unchangeable, affectionate Emma.”
- Joseph Smith

"When I look at you, I feel certain of something."
- Mr. Nobley, Austenland

“I wish someone would randomly tell me little facts about myself. Not ones that I have already told them but ones they have picked up by themselves because they care enough to notice the little things I do.”

“And... it's a great thing to get what you want. It's a really good thing unless what you thought you wanted wasn't really what you wanted... because what you really wanted you couldn't imagine or you didn't think it was possible but what if someone came along who knew exactly what you wanted without asking they just knew... like they could hear your heart beating or listen to your thoughts and what if they were sure of themselves and they didn't have to take a poll and they loved you... but you hesitated and I... uh... I have to go... I'm sorry but... I have to go!” 
– Kate, Kate and Leopold

“I am yours. Heart and soul, I am yours.”
– Tom Lefroy, Becoming Jane


“As I held her hand and saw mortal life drain from her fingers, I confess I was overcome. Before I married her, she had been the girl of my dreams, to use the words of a song then popular. She was my dear companion for more than two-thirds of a century, my equal before the Lord, really my superior. And now in my old age, she has again become the girl of my dreams.”
– Gordon B. Hinckley

“There is no one better for me, and no one who makes me better.”
– Alyson McKay

"Now at last they were beginning chapter one of the great story no one on earth has ever read, which goes on forever: in which every chapter is better than the one before."
- C.S. Lewis


it’s just so beautiful to me to see someone so
completely, perfectly, and incandescently happy
with another person.
they can hardly contain the excitement,
or cease the endless praise and compliments.
they know that they and life are better because their significant other is in it,
and when they aren't with them, they wish that they were.
they shout and let it echo from the rooftops,
(“i’m in love, i’m in love, and i don’t care who knows it!”)
or just take and squeeze their sweetheart’s hand cause that says more
about how they feel in the moment than any words could ever express.

oh, how i’m excited for that feeling.

2 comments: