Sunday 11 May 2014

.happy mothers day.

may.
the mother month.
seeing as my mom’s birthday
and mother’s day fall in the same week,
lots of thinking and reminiscing comes with the territory.

but, more than just thinking about and appreciating
my own mom on mother’s day,
today my heart is full for the many mothers
who have impacted my life.

i wish i could individually thank,
give a giant bouquet of flowers to,
and wrap my arms
around each of my friends’ sweet mothers.

all those have taken me in their home,
talked with me about life,
fed me delicious food,
taught me how to make their delicious food,
let me cry on their shoulders,
bestowed upon me cherished gifts,
gave priceless dating advice,
shared wisdom and experience
from their talents, education, and professions.

i’m grateful for grandmothers who
show me the right way to cut tomatoes,
aunts with stellar fashion recommendations,
and four incredible sisters who have
passed along any and all motherly counsel
that was either given to 
or naturally instinctive a part of them.

i’m grateful for the way i’ve seen these maternal figures
have their children jump at the opportunity
to tell them about their day,
how they brush away contention with gentle tones,
have late nights sewing or going to the ER,
spend their days living in the car going from one errand to another,
go to recitals after hearing the same songs on repeat for months,
help the tooth fairy and santa claus,
give their laps for a pillow,
play the cheerleader, doctor, mentor, chef, chauffer…
just about everything, really.

you’ve all been angels.
i’ve felt like the luckiest girl to have
my own angel watching over me,
with countless more all around me.

a huge thank you and lots of love
to each n every one o’ ya.

happy mothers day.
happy mother’s day.
happy mothers’ day.

DSCN6131

1 comment: